Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cool little old man~


As we visited the nursing a couple of time, we do spend some time with others outside. David* is a regular customer of the cafe im working at now. He is pretty much 65-70 years old business man who works around that area and has a nickname "Long Black COffee" (cause that is his regular order). He is those kind of customer who will be in the cafe like 9.30 a.m sharp every week days with another friend of his. Years of strong coffees, strong cigarettes and stresses from work didn't do anything good for David's body. He had a minor stroke for 2 weeks and was hiding his smokey from his wife, he thought he can just come to our cafe and smoke as much as wants but we will tell him: "no coffee for you if we saw you lighting a ciggy." He is so adorable that he will pretend to go get a newspaper and light up a ciggarette at the corner and thought we wouldn't realize it. when we accidently caught him, he will say: "This is my first one in this three days."

One lovely Friday, he came in with casual clothing that makes me say "Yoh, casual friday huh?!, where Cappy(his friend who ordered cappucino all the time)?" David answer in a very young way:
"Somebody still need to work their *** out for the company, NOT FOR ME, I need heaps of rest like other elderly because I just realize I've been through alot that I didn't even notice, which you young people should really know how to REALIZE and care for things or people that is happening around you and spend more time with your love one, Don't just work and neglect things. By the way have I told you that Im going FIJI with my wife next weekend? YEAH!!"

David is such an optimist in life and it makes me like this cool lil old man alot.

*Ee Lynn

No comments: